How do teachers access the Teacher Portal?Answer: Portal access is exclusive to registered educators at participating LabLearner schools.
How do I access the Online Store?Answer: Log-In via the teacher portal and navigate to the Online Store.
Where can a parent find supplemental LabLearner resources for their students? OR What types of additional resources are available for parents?Answer: The Parents page has an assortment of resources (information, CELL summaries videos, links, etc).
How does LabLearner address assessments and testing?Answer: In short, we’ve found that the best way to evaluate student progress, as well as program success, is through applying an array of evaluation criteria. The Curriculum page speaks to this topic in more detail.
Where can I order replenishable materials and student workbooks for next year?Any consumable materials and student workbooks can be ordered through our online store, located in the teacher’s portal.
Do you have curriculum samples or literature available?Curriculum samples are available here.
What is LabLearner’s alignment with NGSS and CCSS?Answer: The LabLearner curriculum is nearly ‘superimposable’ with standards put forth by the NGSS. It’s also compatible with CCSS dictates. Both sets of standards encourage interactivity, which is a central component to the LabLearner curriculum.
Do you offer any help if a school is searching for additional funding to purchase the program?Once your school has identified sources of funding through a donor or a grant, one of our staff scientists can assist in the verbiage throughout the application process.
How do I see the LabLearner program in action?Answer: Contact Us today to have one of our Account Managers contact you and provide neighboring LabLearner school contacts.
What type of classroom accommodations need to exist for the LabLearner program to be successful?
- An existing classroom or space for a science lab.
- Access to a sink with running water or in proximity to a bathroom.
- Access to electrical outlets.
- An HVAC heating and air conditioning system or air conditioning window unit. Ceiling and room fans can disrupt the accuracy of certain experiments.
How is LabLearner different than science-kit based systems?
- We utilize the same pieces of research-grade equipment throughout PK – 8 grade levels.
- Cognitive thinking tools are integrated throughout the curriculum, showing students how to think scientifically.
- Procedural tools to utilize the equipment properly are kept consistent throughout the grade levels.
- There is minimal replenishment with LabLearner.
- On-going support and teacher training is always available.
How was the LabLearner program developed?Answer: In short, it was developed through much research and experience. For more info on our roots, visit Our Passion Page.
How do I learn more about the LabLearner program? What are other resources you have available, not located on the website?Answer: Please request more information via our contact form and one of our Account Representatives will be in contact with you soon.
What is LabLearner?
LabLearnerTM is a research-driven science education system that targets Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade level students...
Documentary Review: Einstein’s Big IdeaNovember 25, 2014Hands-On Science Education: Basic RequirementsNovember 11, 2014Cross-Domain Science InstructionNovember 4, 2014Exploration21October 29, 2014Science Education: Giving Your Students PresentsE. coli to Elephants: Extrapolating from ModelsOctober 21, 2014